Air Fryer Cookie Cake is a simple dessert recipe that’s perfect for birthdays, potlucks, and get togethers. Everyone will love it!
Savor the perfect mix of chewy cookies and soft cake, effortlessly made in your air fryer. It’s quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious.
Air Fryer Cookie Cake Recipe
You’ll adore this air fryer chocolate chip cookie cake for its combination of textures and flavors! This delicious treat marries the chewiness of cookies with the moist, chewy center of a cake, making an irresistible dessert.
The best part? Making it is a breeze, thanks to the air fryer’s convenience and everything coming together in one bowl. Less dishes means less mess and we love that, right?!
Whether you’re craving a quick sweet fix or looking to impress your guests, this recipe has you covered. It’s the perfect blend of ease and indulgence, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving more.
Ingredients You Will Need
For the Cookie
Sugar: Brown sugar and granulated white sugar come together in this recipe to make it sweet but also make it moist, soft, and chewy. It really is the perfect combination!
Wet ingredients: you will need butter, egg, and vanilla. The melted butter gives this cookie cake extra moisture, preventing a crumbly cookie.
Dry ingredients: Just like traditional chocolate chip cookies, this air fryer cookie cake has all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and powder.
Chocolate chips: I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe to balance all the sugar.
For the Frosting
Butter: I like to use unsalted butter so I can control the amount of salt in the recipe.
Powdered Sugar: This sugar is often called icing sugar because it’s used for making frosting like this.
Vanilla extract: you’ll want to use a good quality pure vanilla extract for the best results.
Milk: helps thin the frosting to the perfect consistency.
Sprinkles: I love using rainbow sprinkles because they’re but use your favorite color or designs on your chocolate chip cookie cake to make it special!
Can I use a different type of chocolate chip?
You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like. Semi-sweet chocolate chips are my favorite for baking, but milk chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips are great too.
You can also switch it up and use toffee bits, butterscotch chips, and you can even add nuts too!
How to Make Air Fryer Cookie Cake
1. Make the chocolate chip cookie dough. Place the melted butter in the mixing bowl and slowly add the two sugars. Stir in the vanilla and the egg.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to form a firm dough and fold in the chocolate chips. Press the cookie batter into a springform cake pan and cover with foil.
2. Bake the cookie cake. Place the cookie cake in the air fryer, without the air fryer basket and bake covered with foil. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and reduce the temperature, and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove the cake pan and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
3. Make the frosting. Using a mixer and a large mixer bowl, beat the butter on medium-high until it is creamy and smooth. Add the milk, vanilla, and salt.
Slowly, add the powdered sugar until it gets to be the right consistency. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a star tip and decorate the cookie. Add sprinkles to the top and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
How do I store leftovers?
This cookie cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days. Store the big chocolate chip cookie cake in an airtight container or cut it into pieces and wrap each one in plastic wrap.
Air fryer cookie cakes can also be frozen. Place the air fryer cake, wrapped well in plastic wrap, freezer bag, or airtight container, in the freezer for up to 3 months. This is a perfect dessert to pull out when you have sudden unexpected guests or a sweet craving!
Can the chocolate cookie cake be made using store-bought cookie dough?
While I love this homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can also use refrigerated cookie dough. You can even make the dough ahead of time and then use frozen cookie dough.
This is an easy dessert that you can easily customize and make your way. Whether you use premade cookie dough or my homemade recipe, the most important thing is to make sure to use the right size pan for your air fryer.
My air fryer isn’t big enough for the 8-inch spring form pan. Can I use a smaller one?
My air fryer fit the pan perfectly when I took the basket out. I would say the first thing to try would be to take the basket of your air fryer out.
If an 8 inch pan doesn’t fit, you can use two small pans and adjust the cooking time. Check on the cookie cake to make sure it’s not burning and that you’re not getting crispy edges. The cookie cake should be golden brown when it’s ready.
More easy air fryer recipes
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER COOKIE CAKE RECIPE?
PIN IT to your air fryer dessert recipes, cookie recipes, or easy air fryer recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Cookie Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp milk
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the air fryer to 350º F (on bake mode if your air fryer has that feature) and lightly grease an 8" springform cake pan with butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the melted butter, then slowly add the brown sugar and granulated sugar while stirring with a spatula. Stir in the vanilla and add the egg, and mix until well combined. Then add the flour slowly, along with the baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until you get a firm dough consistency. Once the dough has formed, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough into the cake pan and press down to form a flat layer. You can use a container with a flat bottom to press down the dough. Cover the cake pan with foil and place it inside the air fryer without the basket.Removing the air fryer basket was crucial to make the 8” spring form pan fit inside the air fryer. For smaller air fryers, you may consider using a smaller cake pan.
- Bake the cookie cake for 20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil. After 20 minutes, remove the foil, reduce the temperature to 250º F, and continue baking for 10 more minutes. Remove the cookie cake from the air fryer immediately and let it rest on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes, allowing it to cool to room temperature completely before removing it from the pan.
- Add the butter to a medium sized mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes or until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Add the milk, vanilla, and salt and mix for 3 minutes. Then, slowly add the powdered sugar while mixing until you get the right frosting consistency.Add one tablespoon of milk or powdered sugar at a time to adjust the consistency.
- Add the frosting to a pipping bag with a star tip and decorate the cookie cake after it's completely cooled, then add the sprinkles.
Nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.