Make this quick and comforting Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich for a great hot lunch or super easy dinner on a busy weeknight!
Making a satisfying turkey melt has never been more simple, and it only requires 5 minutes of cooking time.
Why you will love this turkey cheese melt recipe
At the end of a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen making dinner. Sometimes, you need something that’s fast and easy, but still healthy and tasty.
A turkey melt is a great way to quickly feed yourself with a delicious sandwich that’s packed with flavor. Combine turkey with crisp bacon, healthy spinach, and melted cheese for the ultimate quick meal.
Hot and on the table in just 10 minutes, these turkey and cheese sandwiches are your new best friend on those low-energy evenings. And if you’re a fan, I also recommend my air fryer chicken sandwich, or making beer battered fish and using that for a sandwich as well!
Ingredients you will need
White Bread: I like to use classic sliced sandwich bread as a fluffy and comforting way to contain this sandwich, but feel free to use whatever type of bread you prefer. Rye bread would also work well, or experiment with different types of bread.
Butter: Ensures that the pieces of bread get nice and crispy as they air fry.
Cheddar Cheese: Pairs perfectly with the turkey and bacon, and gets perfectly gooey and melty. You could also use American cheese, pepper jack, or your favorite melting cheese.
Roasted Turkey: Utilize your Thanksgiving leftovers or purchase your favorite deli turkey meat.
Bacon: Add cooked bacon to your turkey melt for a bit of smoky and savory flavor, as well as a nice crunch.
Baby Spinach: Provides nutrition and a bit of refreshing flavor. Substitute with another type of leafy greens if you like.
How to make air fryer turkey melts
- Butter the bread. Coat the outside of each piece of bread with butter.
- Assemble sandwiches. Place the bacon, slices of turkey, and cheese on your bread, buttered side out.
- Air fry the sandwiches. Place both halves of your sandwich separately in the air fryer basket. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bread is your desired level of toasty, turkey slices are warmed through, and cheese is nice and melty.
- Finish sandwiches. Add the fresh spinach to the top of your sandwich, then finish it off with the other top slice of bread and enjoy!
Recipe tips and variations
- Did you know mayo is key to super crispy and perfectly golden brown bread? It’s a great sub for butter in this recipe!
- This recipe is a great way to use leftover turkey from holiday dinners. You can add some leftover cranberry sauce and brie too!
- For some extra flavor, add a dash of onion powder or garlic powder to your sandwich. Red pepper flakes will give it a little kick of heat.
Can I use deli turkey?
Sure! If you don’t have any roasted turkey on hand, buying deli meat is a great substitute for these hot sandwiches.
If you don’t feel like cooking the turkey, Trader Joe’s sells roasted turkey breast that I really like.
What sides pair well with turkey grilled cheese?
Much like any grilled cheese sandwich, pairing your turkey melt with tomato soup is a fantastic and comforting option that’s perfect for a chilly evening. A similar recipe like roasted red pepper soup is another great option.
WANT TO TRY THIS AIR FRYER TURKEY SANDWICH RECIPE?
PIN IT to your easy air fryer recipes, lunch recipes, or sandwich recipes board to save it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes. I’m always pinning!
Did you make this recipe? Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @JZEATS or #JZEATS so I can see! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think, too!
Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices roasted turkey
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- Preheat the air fryer to 350ºF and butter your white bread slices on one side.
- Place the cheese slices, crispy bacon, and turkey slices between both white bread slices (butter side out). Place your sandwich inside the air fryer basket and air fry at 350º for 3-5 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the air fryer, add the fresh spinach between layers, and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
- Preheat the air fryer before you start cooking your turkey sandwich.
- Butter your white bread before building your sandwich; it will add moisture and a great flavor to the bread.
- Arrange your ingredients thoughtfully. The best way I’ve found is to start with cheese, then add turkey, crispy bacon, and then fresh herbs.
- Air fryers work fast. Check your sandwich often to prevent burning. It might only take a few minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese.